Friday, July 28, 2017

New Ray McLaren M19-Ford

I have this New Ray McLaren M19 for years now,

Below is the toy car, with Dennis Hulme in the real car at the 1971 US GP at Watkins Glen.  The toy car is spot-on, including car number 7, save for the (lack of) airbox.  It’s obviously unlicensed so some things have to be changed, but it’s as close to the real thing as one can get right now.  I believe no one else did the M19 in 1/64sh scale.

This car actually had seven others in the same series, and I got only four, even though all were available!!!  Below is the M19 with the Tyrrell P34 and the Ferrari 312T4.  The reason (at that time) I did not get those 2 was, other than the wrong number, I have several samples of these cars from other toy makers – especially the P34.

I got the Tyrrell 003, a Lotus 49, and the McLaren M23. I can’t remember the other 2 cars I don’t have, but I think they’re quite far from reality so that may be the reason I “passed”.

No comments:

Post a Comment